Sony's just made official its latest high-end handset, the Xperia Z Ultra, a device which straddles the line between smartphones and tablets with a 6.44-inch screen. The star of the show is Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip, which combines a 2.2GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor with the new Adreno 330 GPU.
On top of that there's a Full HD (1080p) "Triluminos" display, waterproof and dust-resistant credentials, and a chassis measuring in at 6.5mm thick. Also of note is the 8-megapixel rear camera and Android 4.2.2-based software.
We've got the broad strokes of the Xperia Z Ultra spec sheet and a few press shots for you after the break.
- Colors: Black, white, purple
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core CPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Dimensions: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm
- Weight: 212 grams
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Cameras: 8MP rear, 2MP front
- Display: 6.44-inch 1920x1080 TRILUMINOS display for mobile, touch panel cover glass with Super Hard Coat ASF
- Storage: 16 GB (up to 11 GB user-accessible memory), microSD expandability up to 64GB SDXC
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz, 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 1700 (Band IV), GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, 4G LTE
- Battery: 3,000mAh embedded
- Waterproofing and dust resistance: IP55/IP58-rated